8.29.2008

A few things...

number 1: I check blogs a little obsessively. It is a cheap thrill when I click a link & see a new title. my heart skips a beat and I savor the new post. However- I have some deadbeat friends who aren't such consistent posters- and I just cannot deal with all the disappointment: click, nothing new, back button. click, nothing new, back button. to save me time (and disappointment) I've ditched the friend list & added a BLOG ROLL that shows all my friends in order of most recent posts. This will save me lots of time.

number 2: best recipe ever: i saw this recipe on the food network one day while i was on the treadmill. The idea of watching food tv while on a treadmill is kinda like the proverbial "carrot on a string," except less....proverbial. Anyhow- this guy, named Guy Ferari, was making cheesy garlic bread. this is not the exact recipe but it is what I do and it is to die for.

--how can you make cheesy garlic bread even less healthy? add mayo! I'm not kidding- just try this & you will be amazed...

Mix equal parts mayo & butter (I use light mayo & brummel & brown low-fat yogurt butter). then mix in LOTS of garlic & freshly grated Parmesan cheese. spread on the bread & bake at 325 for a while- broil to finish & add garlic salt.

Jack, Patty, and Ash- I know you, and I KNOW you will love this delicious bread. yum.

5 comments:

Patty & Jack said...

will you make me some when i can chew?

Ashley Marie said...

YUM! Hrm. You should make this in celebration of....Patty and Lukes BDAY'S coming up!

Kate said...

Michelle, I need the blogroll too! How do you do it? I've been wanting one for awhile. It's pretty serious about the amount of time I spend checking other people's blogs.

Amanda said...

Michelle I love your blog. The other night I was drawn to it through Katie's and I ended up reading archives until I reached a time that I had already read.

It would be nice if everyone were as faithful and committed to this as you and Katie because then we would truly know what was going on in our family all the time.

AuntieAm

rickandlindafamily said...

So...something you have on Blogger I can't get on Wordpress...Hmmmph. Of course, you've just given all your friends the motivation they need to keep their blogs up to date: We all want to be at the top of your list!!