10.27.2008

FAT PANTS

Today I am wearing maternity pants! I am wearing my bella band (like a deflated tummy innertube for pregnant girls) to help keep them up, but I am telling you they are SO comfortable. Now technically I can still wear my regular pants, but I have REALLY been excited to wear maternity pants so here I am, in the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. And they're cute! And they were cheap!

I want to walk around & pull up my shirt to show my co-workers, but they wouldn't care and some might be mildly offended (or jealous they cannot eat as much as they want for lunch w/o their waistband digging in!) I took extra time putting all these tummy panels on today after I was done working out. I desperately wanted someone to say: OH! you're pregnant! But no one did.

I was so bursting with the maternity pants news that I told a woman I just met in the bathroom today that I was wearing maternity pants. (for the record, she mentioned she heard I was pregnant so it was not totally out of context that I would mention I was wearing maternity pants) For dramatic effect I even touched my tummy lovingly like you see really pregnant girls do. It was a bit of a farce though b/c I put my hand on my belly button, and I know for a fact that this little fetus is right behind my pelvic bone, but I cannot very well go around lovingly patting my crotch can I? No.

So maybe tonight I'll take some pictures of my giant panel pants for the blog.

3 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

I love this! You are so funny and I am so happy that you got to be so comfortable today!

Patty & Jack said...

I cant wait for you to get huge!!!

rickandlindafamily said...

OH MY GOSH! Thank you for making me laugh tonight! I needed that.