10.27.2008

My Palette

Ah the nursery. I have some definite nursery style preferences, and they are not winnie the pooh/mickey mouse/precious moments. Some of it is wrought from laziness- not too long ago we painted the room a golden brownish taupe color. Which is a perfectly respectable (if not traditional) nursery color. The furniture will be black, and the very loose theme will be bumble bees and black bears. I have not found a bedding set I like, so I will enlist Grammy K (mom) to assist in the baby quilt making. Plus we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl, so bees and bears seems relatively gender neuteral- plus it will be a room I can live with.
The picture I think I will buy- how cute!

Not the exact crib, but the right color!


Fabric for the quilt



wall color & curtains. The lighting didn't work very well- both are warm colors. The curtains are maybe a bit girly, but I'm expecting a girl so what can go wrong?

3 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

Yeah! I love it and I can't wait to see it all put together

Anonymous said...

I love the way you coordinated the fabrics and that print is too precious! I saw some bee drawer knobs or pulls that would carry your fabric design to the furniture and keep that elegant understated look that you have going.

Please post pics when everything's done. I know it's going to be fantastic.

Patty & Jack said...

I'm glad you aren't doing a normal baby room. You new mommies are super creative!!