11.03.2008

Art the Dog



Today at lunch some out of town co-workers told me they are staying at Hotel Monaco downtown (http://www.monaco-portland.com/monpmn_pet.html) and that there is a dog, Art, who greets guests and walks them to their rooms!!??? How adorable is that? Apparently they also offer you a pet goldfish for the duration of your stay- and they take care of feeding it each day for you. The fish is to keep you company, and Art is there to welcome you & your pet guests if you bring them along. I love love love dogs, and if I had any need for temporary shelter in this city I would stay at this hotel just because of Art. In fact, I think an even BETTER idea would be a hotel who lent you a doggie for the night to keep you company. When I travel I miss my dog a ton and if I could have a borrowed dog to snuggle I wouldn't feel so lonely. For the record I do miss luke too- but i can talk to him on the phone at least whereas rucker doesn't converse well via phone.

3 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

FYI, you can take Lilly when you travel, she can fit in a dog bag, but she's just a little heavy...

Patty & Jack said...

I would love a hotel cat to borrow!!!This is such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

I am such a home-buddy. I hate to travel because I miss my kids and home. If I had a Rucker to love I would do so much more. I might not even come home. Love this idea. love mom