11.14.2008

My Changing Body

Being pregnant is a little like going through puberty. In both cases, people warn you: "Your body is changing. Some things about your changing body may scare you or confuse you. Don't worry. It is totally natural and everyone goes through it. You are blossoming into a young (or fat pregnant) woman."

While I've been pregnant I've continued to run, albeit a significantly slower pace and less distance. I've been running 2-4 times a week, usually between 3 and 5 miles. My pace has gotten slower and slower. My pre-pregnant pace was around 9-10 minute mile. Today I hit an all time low:

4 miles at 11:54 pace. Ouch. Some people pogo-stick faster than that.

Last saturday I ran 5.1 miles at 10:47 pace, so I'm writing today off as a fluke- or maybe my Nike Plus was out of whack today.

3 comments:

Patty & Jack said...

Or maybe your getting prego and baby doesn't want you to work out at much!

Ashley Marie said...

I agree, I think you're making baby dizzy =)

Sweet Little SMJ Family said...

Michelle, I think you run faster totally prego then when I am in the great shape. Slow down and enjoy this time to have an excuse not to go so fast. Be easy on baby PAT. :-)