11.10.2008

Ridiculous

I don't know that this will show up very well, but I'm doing my benefits enrollment, and opted for a higher amount of life insurance. The application requires you to list any medical issues (HIV, AIDS, cancer, organ transplants, etc). At the end it asks if I am now pregnant. Upon answering YES, it prompts me for "Description of injury, disorder, and operations." Then it asked the final result, date, and duration. Good grief. Thanks to huge advances in medical technology, birth is not considered life threatening these days. Here's how I answered:

3 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

That is really funny! It really bothers me that people have to take short term disability pay when their company doesn't pay maternity...I don't really see pregnancy as a disability!

Ashley Marie said...

Good news is, you'll make someone giggle when they read it!

Patty & Jack said...

geezzz