12.01.2008

The Absolute WORST Christmas Songs Ever

Everytime I hear the song "Christmas in the Northwest" on the radio I want to gag. I couldn't find it on itunes, but I found an AWESOME parody video on youtube. I wish I had thought of their idea. Please please check this out- listen to how she really wails out the lines "Christmas in the NW, it's a gift that we can sh-a-a-a-re," and "it's the gift God wrapped in greeeeen" and some dumb line about if you took away the gifts from the kids well at least they'd still have a tree (which would be sufficient consolation for all the kids I know).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeB4z4c_7M&feature=related

Another song I really really cannot deal with is called "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg. I will post my favorite lines below- but mostly I encourage you to just listen to it at
http://www.geocities.com/bjaes.geo/lyrics/syne.htm because really the music is more pathetic than even the words.

Opening line"Met my old lover in the grocery store" (gaaaaag)
Deadbeat chorus: "We drank a toast to innocence,We drank a toast to now.And tried to reach beyond the emptiness,But neither one knew how."

Songs I love for Christmas....
1. Christmas at Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
2. Sarah McLachlan's songs "wintersong" and "Song for a Winter's night" - they are kinda melancholy haunting christmas songs but they are beautiful
3. Vince Guaraldi's "Linus and Lucy"
4. Third Day's "O Holy Night" and "Christmas Like A Child"
5. The cherry on top: "Santa Likes to Rock It" by the tractors

3 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

God must hate the lady who sings that song.

Nancy O said...

That's my most hated Christmas song too! In second place is "Last Christmas I gave you my heart"....the next line, "the very next day, you gave it away"...Oh God...barf!

Brianna said...

aunt laurie led me to your blog -- anyway, funny story about "Christmas in the Northwest". I made a sarcastic remark about how great that song is around Ken's mom last weekend. I guess she didn't get that I was being sarcastic and whipped out the CD it's on. I bit my lip while she played it while we decorated the tree. It was a traumatic experience.