Everytime I hear the song "Christmas in the Northwest" on the radio I want to gag. I couldn't find it on itunes, but I found an AWESOME parody video on youtube. I wish I had thought of their idea. Please please check this out- listen to how she really wails out the lines "Christmas in the NW, it's a gift that we can sh-a-a-a-re," and "it's the gift God wrapped in greeeeen" and some dumb line about if you took away the gifts from the kids well at least they'd still have a tree (which would be sufficient consolation for all the kids I know).
Another song I really really cannot deal with is called "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg. I will post my favorite lines below- but mostly I encourage you to just listen to it at
http://www.geocities.com/bjaes.geo/lyrics/syne.htm because really the music is more pathetic than even the words.
Opening line"Met my old lover in the grocery store" (gaaaaag)
Deadbeat chorus: "We drank a toast to innocence,We drank a toast to now.And tried to reach beyond the emptiness,But neither one knew how."
Songs I love for Christmas....
1. Christmas at Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
2. Sarah McLachlan's songs "wintersong" and "Song for a Winter's night" - they are kinda melancholy haunting christmas songs but they are beautiful
3. Vince Guaraldi's "Linus and Lucy"
4. Third Day's "O Holy Night" and "Christmas Like A Child"
5. The cherry on top: "Santa Likes to Rock It" by the tractors