1.12.2009

BIG FAT LET DOWN

Today at 4:33 am luke's cell phone rang from somewhere on the floor. We both woke up, and luke said, "who is calling me at 4:30???" as he fumbled through his clothes looking for the phone. I turned on the light & said - Maybe Katie is in labor!!!

The phone stopped ringing, and as soon as he found it he flipped it open, smiled, and said, "it was Matt." EEK! squeals and smiles, and I ran to go find my phone in case he tried to call me next. We dialed matt right back, but it went straight to voicemail. Luke said, "he's already moving down the list." Then I realized the best part: I PICKED TODAY! You see, if you pick the day the baby is born, the baby will always love you the most. We texted Matt, and turned the light back off...like we could even go to sleep. We prayed a quick prayer for a safe and quick delivery. I tried to get Luke to call his mom or kimberly to get more info. Maybe Savannah was already here? The not knowing was torture.

Then...the text. From Matt. "Sorry, I didn't mean to call you- pressed the wrong button on my phone."

What are the odds. Luckily Savannah has 16 more hours today to show up & still have me be her favorite. Oh who am I kidding? I'll be her favorite regardless.

Way to go, Matt.

2 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

So funny! I really really wish that was true!!!

Patty & Jack said...

Oh I was so mad at everyone for a few seconds. I thought NO ONE told me that Kate was in labor. I had to skip to the bottom first then happy with the results I re-read the whole thing