3.02.2009

Genetic Wish List

I started thinking about my baby's genetic potential when my sis Ash emailed me and said, "I can't wait to see if the baby looks like me!" To this I replied: "You mean you're wondering if this baby will have spock ears, a kickstand pinkie toe, and one leg shorter than the other? Hm. I hope the baby gets your kindness and gentleness…but not your physical genetics thank you very much."
So, God, if you're listening, and it isn't too late, here is what I'm looking for...
***note- the faces & distinguishing features of the family members in the photos below have been blurred or altered to protect their identity.......

Please no kick-stand pinky toe (that doesn't ever touch the ground)

No thanks on the stocky Stephens legs (particularly if this baby is a girl)
But I'd be happy to get the shapely Ellis calves & ankles...

Please no Middlebrooks talon toe. (PLEASE!)

I'll pass on the Stephens hairline...

I'd like thick, full bodied Hamilton hair
the stephens handi-man work ethic...

I'd request the slow-acting Hamilton aging process (the woman pictured below is in her late 40's, but you would not think that by looking at her)

No thanks to the Stephens Spock ear

I'll take the pointy Hamilton chin

...but please no Ellis chin! If you win this genetic jackpot you get another chin for every 10lbs or 10 years (whichever comes first)

12 comments:

Patty & Jack said...

this is awesome!! And you didn't even want to blog about it. Sisters are good for talking you into stuff!! :) FYI my mom is not in her late 40's.

Ben & Tera said...

Are you kidding me? Is that my mother effing chin? Really, you should pay me royalties for using my pic. I think if baby looks exactly like you, She will be beautiful. I can't wait to meet little luke or little michelle!

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

What the heck. All you want is a Hamilton baby. YOU SUCK.

Ben & Tera said...

Now i'm sad. that's not my chin huh. I looked again. Wish I could take credit for that. who is it?

rickandlindafamily said...

You are hilarious! Lucky for your baby you married into the Hamiltons!

Kate said...

Why did my toe get the (PLEASE) next to it?? That toe is accompanied by an award winning personality and a great sense of style!!!

Patty & Jack said...

its Kimmy's chin!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you used my legs, since that is my only redeeming feature! love, mom. P.S. Jenny (with the good aging genes) is my age and looking quite good!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh. Now wish for Uncle Chad's brains and Aunt Nancy's timeless sense of style and the baby will be perfect! Just kidding. You've got a great gene pool to choose from...no matter what the roulette wheel spits out, the baby will be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

so, in regard to the "stephens spock ears" spock is actually a Vulcan, Vulcan ears are much more pointy, Those ears in question look more like Romulan ears which look much more like ashleys ears. yes Romulans and Vulcans are related, but that's a whole different story!


-star trek fan

AprilO said...

Michelle, I hope your baby has your wit and humor! That is a genetic win! Good luck - we Oelke's are thinking about you these days. Take care - you are almost finished (or JUST GETTIN' STARTED BABY!!) :) -April

Sweet Little SMJ Family said...

Shelly, Shelly, Shelly, you are a hoot.I love ya!