4.29.2009

Labor Schmaber

The fact that I'm blogging will tell you how much I am NOT in pain yet. YET. I suspect I will be annoyed at myself in retrospect for being so glib right now. Anyhow, we woke up this morning and I thought my water may have broken. Then I couldn't get baby to move. So we zipped to the hospital. En route baby started kicking (thankfully!) and at the hospital we got to see him/her on ultrasound. They couldn't conclude for certain if my water had broken, but they checked the amount of fluid around baby & did some tests for infection & all looked good. So they sent me home with instruction to "keep things out of my vagina." Nice.

They like for you to have your baby w/in 24 hrs of water breaking, so she sent me home & told me to have acupuncture & drink some castor oil. Well I've done both and my water has DEFINITELY broken. I took a nice nap and now that I'm up I think I'm having more contractions. They still don't hurt, but they're happening! My guess is this baby arrives at 11 am tomorrow morning. For now here is what I think will be my last belly shot ever...39 weeks and 5 days pregnant....check out that labor hair (it is a rule you don't have to brush it if you're in labor)...

5 comments:

Patty & Jack said...

nice shorts!!!! Love the labor hair! I'm so ready for this baby. I vote 9:30 am tomorrow morning. baby BOY!

Sweet Little SMJ Family said...

So anxious to know what it is! I am thinking all BOY! You look great Shelly. We are so excited for you and Luke.

Han said...

Hurray!! I'm so excited!! Hurry up already, I can't wait to see this baby! I want a text message ASAP with baby name :) Love ya

Ben & Tera said...

ahhh, the its killing me! Come on baby M! Can't wait to meet you. I think boy too but Katie has confused me by saying girl!

Brianna said...

WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!!! Yay for baby. Can't wait to see the little munchkin. :)