5.30.2009

Updates

Update on my life:
1. I am back up to 4 miles/day running, which makes me feel super accomplished. Never mind the feedings every 2-3 hrs & juggling the responsibilities of motherhood- i am really excited to be running again. I feel like a [very slooow] running warrior. Roar!
2. I am more caught up on laundry than I have ever been.
3. My house has ANTS in it...and despite spraying & traps we still find ants crawling around. I may resort to calling the Orkin man.
4. My mother's day gift from luke was SO sweet- he got me a pink flowering dagwood tree and every year it will bloom around Johonna's bday. So sweet and thoughtful, I cried of course. Which is easy to do 11 days post partum.
5. My dog has NOT become "just a dog" though he no longer sleeps on the bed- but it isn't that he isn't welcome, just that I think he prefers not to be moved every few hours when the baby gets up. We taught him a new trick - we say "go check your baby" and he puts his nose on Jo. Super cute. He also licks her a lot, which we allow because who are we kidding- she is bound for a lifetime of ruckeroo-baths.
6. I got some serious smiles today after Jo's 5:30 feeding. They were such big grins I cried. I really think she was responding to me, do not even bother telling me "it was just gas." It is a little early yet for social smiling...but as we say often in our [VERY humble] household, she IS awfully advanced...
7. The real point of this post...I love this little girl like nothing I could ever have anticipated. Having experienced motherhood & my love for Johonna I can now capacitate how impossible it is to capacitate how great Heaven will be. I really didn't believe there was anything in the world that I couldn't anticipate SOMEWHAT, but my love for her proves that there are things in this world that so far exceed your expectations that there is no way you can appreciate them until you experience them. So there you go- heaven & little babies.

4 comments:

Patty & Jack said...

Blog Mania!!! Someone must be holding Jo for you. :) Thanks for the update

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

mmm this makes me so happy!

Peaby said...

wow...4 miles a day...I'm impressed. You recovered from birth faster than I recovered from my marathon. way to go show-off. by the way, I'm so jealous of Beck that she got to meet Jo yesterday.

Jessica said...

I'm joyful that you are enjoying God's most precious gift!