1.21.2010

If I had to marry a fictional man...

...it would be Jamie from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Don't worry- Luke knows Jamie (he's a fan of the series too) and he's cool with it. Outlander is my absolute all time favorite book/series. It is set in 18th century Scotland & while I would by no means classify it as a 'romance novel,' it is the most lovely love story I've read. The books are 3 inches thick each, there's 7 of them, and the newest installment is published so I'm re-reading the series so I can FULLY enjoy the latest book. These books were recommended by my mom originally, who I ignored until Traci & Kristen at work suggested them too. Give 'em a try, but keep your paws off Jamie. He's my fictional husband.

6 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

I have the first book sitting on my nightstand and have for 2 years. I wasn't interested until you were talking about them...I need to get it started!

chris said...

when you read the books do you give them Scottish accents in your head?

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

K Pitty said...

ooh... jamie! did i tell you that i'm convinced that i met him? although... he was a bartender in sevilla. but, i'm SURE that is what he would have looked like, even if he did have a Spanish accent. ;) Miss you, girl! 20 days!

Brazenlilly said...

Ooo, I love a good book recommendation. I've always had a secret thing for Disney's Robin Hood. Yes, the fox. Don't judge me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle! It's Amy (I'm guessing my post will come through as Anonymous). I'm in the middle of the 3rd book right now and LOVING every page! It's so funny, because my mom has been recommending them to me forever too, but I kept ignoring her! When I finally picked up the first one, I was so obsessed I couldn't put it down. I got the rest fo the series for christmas and have been tearing through them. I LOVE JAMIE! :)

Hope all is well...you sure have one CUTE daughter!