9.06.2010

Snark.

A few weeks ago I put an ad up on Craigslist for a new caregiver. We found one, by the way- and she's amazing. Anyhow, I got this very interesting response, and couldn't help but reply. I know it was snarky, but I couldn't restrain myself. See below:

The original email to me:
wHENEVER I CHECK THE CRAIGSLIST ADD I GET TO SEE YOUR ADD.
i TRULLY BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE STILL ON THE 80S,NO ONE WHO HAS CAR,INSURANCE AND IS RELAIABLE WILL WORK FOR THIS KIND OF MONEY.
bESIDES THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING TOO MUCH,ARE U EXPECTING A BABYSSITER HOUSE KEEPER AND CAREGIVER AND ALSO A CHOFFEUR FOR 9/H?
u MUST BE KIDDING?
aRE U EXPECTING HER TO WEAR A DIAMOND ROLEX AND DRIVE A PORCHE TOO?
pLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U FIND SOMEONE BECAUSE IN THIS CASE I WOULD LOVE TO HIRE HEROFFERING 12H
THANKS
DREAM ON......

My response:
Dear Ilton,

Thanks so much for your interest in the nanny/caregiver job. Unfortunately you did not get the position. We received an overwhelming response, and we were so lucky to find someone who is an excellent match for our family. Again, thanks for your interest. It seems like you have some great qualities and a winning attitude- I'm sure the job you're looking for will be right around the corner! Best of luck to you in your career!

Thank you,
Michelle

5 comments:

Patty & Jack said...

bitch slapped with kindness. :)

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

Love this!!!!!

Aunt Nancy said...

Amazing you didn't point out their horrific grammar and spelling skills. You were nicer than I think I would of been. You just got yourself a gold star in St. Peter's book.

Dottie said...

OMG! Love it, you just made my day that much better! Miss running with you!

Des said...

not snarky enough friend! But seriously funny!