11.19.2010

160 lbs of CHICKEN

Last month I pre-paid for 160 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken breast. B/S Chicken is nearly all the protein we consume in this house, and it was being sold for $1.48/lb (STEAL) and to be delivered FRESH (aka recently slaughtered). The catch is that it is packed in cases of 40lbs, leaving the packing/storing up to you. I ended up taking the day off work to deal with this chicken. All too late I realized that maybe I hadn't thought through this very well:

That is 4 40lb boxes of chicken on my oven.
I prepped freezer bags of marinade, so that after I freeze the chicken & then later take it out to defrost, the chicken will marinade while it warms up:

Also I turned on cartoons for Jo, since handling a toddler with slimy germy chicken hands is not an option.
Oooh- this one looks tasty now doesn't it?

BAM: 4 hours later I've got twice as much bagged chicken as shown below:

So guess what I've been craving lately?

Beef.

3 comments:

ann said...

hilarious! great idea with the marinade...might have to try that one. anything to cut the steps down...

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you never let me down! I love this--and a fantastic idea of marinating them ahead of time, to boot. Are you for hire?

~Stephanie

Dottie said...

I agree with Stephanie, are you for hire! Whats B/S chicken? You must have a big freezer.