11.19.2010

Two Winning Recipes

I made these two dishes last Sunday with dinner. They were TO DIE FOR. I'm not saying they're for everyone- if you like delicately flavored dishes these will bomb your tongue & you'll not take my advice ever again. But if you like balsamic vinegar & bacon...

Roasted Veggies:
I used a big aluminum cookie sheet & covered it with thinly sliced:
onions
mushrooms
fresh garlic
quartered cherry tomatoes
baby carrots (sliced in half lengthwise)
red bell pepper
yellow squash
asparagus (big stalks, not scrawny ones)

Then I doused the whole thing with salt, pepper, olive oil, copious amounts of honey & balsamic vinegar, and a pinch or two of rosemary.

I baked at 450 for 45 min or so. I didn't stir. I let them get a bit black & the honey carmalized everything & the balsamic tasted divine. YUM.


Then I made The Pioneer Woman's green bean cheese casserole- http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/11/green-bean-casserole/
BUT I used maple bacon instead of regular bacon. And I don't know how much she calls for, but I used a whole pound of bacon & less than a pound of green beans. Do the math. That's more bacon than beans. It was AMAZING:

1 comment:

Brianna said...

So glad you posted this because since I signed up to bring that same green bean casserole to Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's this year. Now I know to add more bacon. Thanks for trying out the recipe for me (haha). (PS-- I'm also bringing PW's rosemary rolls and carmel brownies-- they are SOOOO good if you haven't had them!)