12.08.2011

My project

While on a walk one night we came by this desk, sitting for free on the curb. I talked Luke into driving back for it, with intentions of painting & distressing it. I never finish projects I start- this is a rare exception!
before:
From 2011-10-23

after!


What I like the most about this desk (besides the hardware & that it was free) is that it was horribly beat up- scratches everywhere. In two places someone carved something into it. Not a swear word or profanity though- in both places they carved Jesus. I love that.

3 comments:

Kate said...

it looks great! where are you going to put it?

The Hamiltons said...

This looks so goos Michelle!!

Nina said...

Beautiful finished piece ....beautiful words carved on it(: Also I wanted to tell you how thankful I am that you are my Mike's boss. You are a blessing!!!