2.25.2012

How to help your dad fix the sink (and other fun facts):

Hold your star night light projector to help your dad get a better look (and don't critique his tube socks)

A few fun facts:
1) This photo was taken after a good 2 hours of "fixing the sink." "Fixing the sink" entailed a scalding hot water flood, education on where the water shut off valve REALLY is, one trip to home depot, copius amounts of foul language, one load of towels (from the flood) and about 3 phone calls to my dad and brother (professional plumbers).
2) The reason Luke endeavored to fix the sink in the first place was because of poor water pressure. He turned the decoy hot water shut off valve then removed the hose. It was clear that he'd shut off a decoy valve when hot water came gushing out at his face. He determined that when boiling hot and directed at your face, our water pressure was just fine indeed.
3) Luke makes it a habit to wear tube socks, slip on shoes, and basketball shorts at home. He doesn't pull the tube socks up to full height, which is good, because then he doesn't look 75 years old. On the other hand, he doesn't perfectly scrunch the tube socks either, as that would look too contrived. He's in tube sock middle ground, and consequently, middle age.
4) Johonna, you may notice, is wearing two different shoes. This picture is about 2 weeks old, and she has literally been wearing that exact same outfit (mismatched shoes and all) for the last 48 hours as well (dinner last night, bedtime, and again today at the baby shower). She has some serious fashion convictions and she's asked that I not squelch the individualistic expression of her fashion leanings. I mean I'd put my foot down if she was wearing white after labor day...but I can abide mismatched shoes and formal partywear for days on end. No problem.
5) There's not much of a happy ending to this story. Our water pressure still sucks. I guess the silver lining is that now we know where our water shut off valve is?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love this, so funny...especially Luke's shoe/sock/shorts combination. I think Jo looks precious, mismatched shoes and all!!!

Laura Ellis said...

It does not matter what she wears it is her helpful nature that makes her so special. The fashion will work itself out when her "friends" give her input. Once upon a time there was a girl who loved to wear orange and then for some reason things change.

Love you lots
Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

HI
Would you mind telling me what the proper sock is for the brown leather slip ons. I have the same shoes and most likly the same costco tube socks as Luke. I figured I was cool and I guess I figured wrong. Please don't tell me anklet things. I must have a hundred pair and will not wear them. I did see my brother or you Dad wear those anklet things and still bring it to his attention. Please advise. Love the men in your life. From your Dad, Uncle, brother and cousin.