7.07.2012

Monkeys

I remember when I was in high school there was a girl who, and I'm not kidding you, called her boyfriend "Simba."  He called her "Nala."  As in:


I was highly unimpressed.  I bet they wrote poems for each other too.  Gag.

Anyhow, Luke & I have never had any sort of ridiculous nicknames for each other.  Unless you consider the following to be nicknames:
Bovine (when I was pregnant)
Heifer (also while I was with child)
Food Wolverine (before, during, and after pregnancy)

  But you throw kids into the mix and any semblance of maturity goes out the window.

Which is why Luke calls Jo, "Little Monkey," and Jo calls Luke "Silverback." 
Luke's got a big head and nice arms, but I don't really see it.  The point is that "silverback" is like the boss hog of monkeys and I suppose that is where Luke draws the parallels.

Which brings me to the point of this blog.  Today at the park I was sitting by Jo on the play structure when a little boy climbed up near her.  She looked at him and her opening (and only) line was this:

"Hey KID. My dad's name is silverback."

I think that's the 3 year old version of "my dad's stronger than your dad."

And here's a pic of another monkey in the family.  He can't quite say "silverback" yet, so Da-Da will have to suffice for now.

No comments: