7.12.2012

Mystery Solved

The conclusion of these two mysteries have brought me a feeling of utter peace and resolution.

1.  A while ago I found a round disc magnet in the tub amongst the bath toys.  (FYI- every morning it is a miracle Luke & I don't trip to our deaths on the bzillion bath toys littering the tub.)  Anyhow, this magnet freaked me out because it was a choke hazard, my son will put anything in his mouth, and magnets are especially dangerous if eaten.  I examined all the bath toys & for the life of me couldn't figure out where in the world this magnet came from.  I interrogated both Luke and Johonna. Luke professed his innocence, Jo professed her desire for strawberry yogurt.  I knew I was going to have to live with the not knowing for the rest of my life.

But sometimes unsolved mysteries are solved!  Earlier this week in the shower, while looking out for slippery foam letters and rubber ducks, I noticed that the shower liner has only TWO of THREE slim magnetic discs used to keep it stuck to the tub!!! Mystery solved, and time for a new shower liner. It was a great way to start my day.  My only regret is that no one else seems to be as satisfied by this resolution as I.

2. A few weeks ago I bought some frozen sweet potato tater tots.  I baked them on a rack on a cookie sheet (this maximizes the air flow around the tot for improved crispness).  I sprinkled them with sea salt and a dash of cinnamon sugar.  They were delightful.  Which is why the next night I decided it might be a good idea to cook the other half of the bag.  So I opened the freezer...and came up short. No sweet potato tots to be found. I pulled out the entire freezer contents and couldn't find them anywhere.  Luke got home, and was again interrogated. He promised that he did not take my tots.  This time I didn't even bother with Jo-she never shoots straight with me.  I started to doubt myself.  Had I maybe eaten the WHOLE bag of tots the night prior? I didn't think so...but I couldn't swear to it. 

Yesterday: imagine my surprise when out of hunger and boredom at my parents houses I opened their freezer for the third or fourth time (do you know that EVERY time I am in my parents house I open their fridge, freezer, and chip cupboard several times? even if i don't eat anything or i'm not hungry, i just open them to look.) I noticed MY open bag of sweet potato tots.  I nearly fell over. I asked my Dad & he said he'd been wondering how they got there.  How did my tots go from Milwaukie to Wilsonville??? I think that in a hurry to pack some frozen baby food for baylor I may have thrown my tots in the bag and sent it with luke to Wilsonville.  Or an elf moved them. I'm not sure, but I have returned them to their rightful freezer and will be consuming them in the near future.

No comments: