11.02.2012

A Wedding on My Porch

Last Tuesday, my furnace guy (above) got married on my new front porch.  Here are the facts as I know them:
1. Jeff (my furnace guy) told me he was getting married at 2. I didn't believe him.  He kind of laughs to matter what he is saying, so I thought maybe he was joking.
2. The lady who was going to marry him & his fiance lived in SW.
3. Jeff, being the practical type, decided to have her come by the jobsite & perform the wedding there.

In short, while I was at Lowe's, there was a small wedding ceremony held on my new front porch- amidst a defunct 1930's stove and a pre-rehab claw foot tub full of rust and pine needles.  It will go down in history as one of my greatest regrets in life that I was not present for the ceremony (so I could take pics for my blog)!

My favorite part is this: My electrician (who happened to be sitting on the stairs eating a calzone for lunch) had to sign the marriage certificate as one of the witnesses. 

This story brings me unending delight.

1 comment:

Ashley Ropp said...

I don't know if I'll ever forgive you for missing this. Can we have a reenactment? Please?