1.20.2013

Jo & Jesus

I recapped the highlights of tonight's bedtime conversation for Jo in a letter- here's an excerpt:
We were upstairs in your big girl bed reading a national geographic book about wolves.  There were some wolf fur coats and you asked about them, and I explained that when the wolves died their fur was made into a coat. And you said, "yes that wolf needs an ambulance to go to heaven."  So then I explained that Jesus takes you up to heaven, not an ambulance.  And you did not think so because it was too far for Jesus to come down here.  Then you said maybe he takes a ladder and I suggested he flies, but I let you know that I'm not exactly sure how it happens.  Then I explained that you get to go to heaven if Jesus lives in your heart, and told you that all you have to do is ask Jesus to live in there and he will.  I asked you if you wanted to ask him to do that and you said YES but then got shy & started & stopped a few times.  I told you that you could just ask him whenever you wanted. And then you said, "Hey Jesus can you live in my heart?" And then I said, "I believe in you Jesus!" and you said it too, and then I said, "I love you Jesus!" And you said, "I love you too, Jesus." And then without missing a beat you started talking about your stuffed animal.  So anyhow, it was so sweet and precious. 


3 comments:

linda atkins said...

Oh, Michelle, this is so precious. I was 4 or 5 when my Mom prayed with me to ask Jesus into my heart. For all my criticisms of her in my early adult years, I can now look back and see her guiding hand, like Christ's giving me direction and understanding. You are doing a wonderful job with your babes. Good Mama.

Love, Linda

linda atkins said...

P.s. I REMEMBER the night we had that conversation, as young as I was. Jo will too.

Anonymous said...

you are such an inspiring and good mom and some day jo will be the same with her children. what a great thing to pass down. i love you both so so much ooxx mom