1.20.2013

The moment of salvation

After posting about Jo & Jesus I feel compelled to expand on a few things.  I believe that when you invite Jesus into your heart, from then on he is with you while you're alive and also after you die. I recognize that my sweet daughter is impressionable, and wants to do what I do & be like her momma.  So did she ask Jesus to live in her heart because I proposed the idea, or of her own accord? I don't really know, but Jesus does.  And I believe that he is crystal clear on the moment of salvation, when a person willingly, intentionally, and honestly asks Him to dwell in them. So while I'd like the peace of mind of knowing with 100% certainty that my daughter has the holy spirit flowing through her tiny soul, I recognize that I can only be assured of my own salvation.  I will say, though, that kids sometimes have a profound clarity on things we stumble over as adults.  So perhaps Jo's sweet little prayer was as matter of fact for her as it seemed.  It blessed me to witness.

4 comments:

linda atkins said...

Michelle, I read the first post, then I left my comments, and now I'm reading this one. I agree with you 100%. I know I'm just going off my own experience from my childhood, but I do remember, and I know that as a little child I had a HUGE longing to know and love and please my Savior. Such a sweet and tender time for you.

Oliver + Kimberly said...

Michelle this made me tear up. This blesses my heart so much, I love that child like faith. I remember when my mom prayed with me on a Sunday after church after we had had a nap together on my parents bed. I do hope Jo remembers that time you had together, and I love that your have written it down for her!! You are such a good mama!!

Ashley Ropp said...

So, so sweet. I feel blessed for being able to witness it!

Nina said...

From your precious little girls heart...straight to the heart of God. We must become as a child with a child like faith to enter the kingdom of heaven. What a beautiful example they are to show us the way . I smile and celebrate with you this moment in her life. She is blessed to have you. Always doing your best for your children. God is pleased with you!