6.19.2013

Dynamics of Pregnancy in a Marriage

Today on the phone I was not-so-subtly reminding Luke that we really have to get moving on this "paint the house" project.  I didn't feel like he was fully grasping the sense of urgency I felt so I said:

"It's the middle of June. Summer is almost over. We have to get moving."

The conversation deteriorated from there, and we got off the phone.

Luke called back 2 seconds later and said:

"You are SO dramatic.  It is JUNE 19TH.  Summer doesn't even start for two more days and you just said, 'Summer is almost over.'"  

The conversation deteriorated from there, and we got off the phone.

But I couldn't let it go without a bit of an explanation, so I texted Luke:

"I may be dramatic but would like to remind you that I am nesting- which I am entitled to as a pregnant woman who has been abandoned by her husband 3 of the last four nights, once for poker and twice for NBA finals."

To which he responded:

"I'm nesting also and need male companionship during this process.  I also must avoid pregnant women during this ordeal.  Please be understanding."

And so it goes, for us.

2 comments:

Ashley Ropp said...

This makes me love you both more.

Meridee Hart said...

That's awesome. :)