3.16.2014

The cups in my cupboard

A rather random collection, but my mismatched coffee cups are all of sentimental value. Many were aquired by taking cups of coffee to go from the houses of loved ones.


My latest Nike Golf cup, from when we moved into our beautiful new building. I love my job. 

This was aquired from Luke's parents house.  I love it because it I know they also aquired it, not something they would have bought themselves. I'll have to ask if they know where it came from.  Also, it is the cup Jo prefers, probably because it is  pink.
Plain, white, classic. This is from my parent's house. The vision I have of these cups is stuffed to the brim with orange peels and in clusters of 3 or 4 on my parents porch. That's because my dad accumulates them in his truck, puts his orange peels in them as he drives, and then when he has run out of cup space for his hot fresh cup of coffee in the morning he empties his truck and leaves them all on the porch. Since my mom's stroke and having children I have spent more time with my parents than I might have otherwise- all time I am so thankful to have with them. I have lots of happy memories of spending the night there while Luke is out of town so that my dad can play with the kids while I run in the morning. And it always starts with my dad and I sipping coffee together early before anyone else wakes up.
My anthropologie "m" cup. I feel like I received this as a gift but cannot recall who from. If you know, tell me.
My throwback Nike Golf cup, from before our logo changed.

The cup that goes with our plates and dishes- the ones we registered for when we got married 12 years ago. It is probably time to get a new set of dishes - both because they aren't my style anymore and because we have broken pieces over time- but when we finally get a new set I will for sure hang on to a few of these mugs.
Grandma Jo's kokopeli mug. We lived in her house for a few months immediately after she died while we made our new house livable. It was such a hectic, special time. Being surrounded by her things and memories sweetened our grief in an unexpected way.  I put in for this cup on the inheritance "draft" and Sara picked it on my behalf.  Sometime Luke sips coffee out of it while he surfs the net in the morning before his work out. I know he is thinking of his grandma then.

And this gem. From the only night I have ever had a slumber party at my sis' house. I spent the night there half way prego with Navy so I could run the Albany half marathon the next morning, and so that we could have a candy crush marathon. She made me delicious coffee and I drove to the race sipping from this mug. A gift to ash, this is also a cup she wouldn't have purchased for herself. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe get some new glasses too ooxx

Anonymous said...

maybe get some new glasses too ooxx